Dr. AMMAR ABDUL-JABBAR ALTAMEEMI
Age: 38 years
Place of Birth: Basrah-IRAQ
Marital status: Married
Language: Arabic and English
Academic Rank: Lecturer
Place of work: Computer Department – College of Science – University of Kerbala.
- B.Sc. (Computer Engineering), Al-Nahrain University, Baghdad, IRAQ (1999).
- M.Sc. (Computer Engineering), Al-Nahrain University, Baghdad, IRAQ (2002).
- Ph.D. (Computer Engineering), University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia (2013).
COURSES TAUGHT (UNDERGRADUATE)
- Computer Programming.
- Introduction to Electrical Systems
- Introduction to Electronic Systems
- Logical Design.
- Computer Organization.
- Computer Controlling
- Digital System Design.
- Computer Architecture.
- Embedded System Design.
- Image Processing.
- Digital Signal Processing.
I have worked for more than 14 years in the university teaching. I have worked as a lecturer and a tutor in the University of Kerbala, Al-Nahrain University, and in the University of Queensland (Australia).
I am professional in digital systems design, developing control boards, and many computer languages. I have designed a complete DSP processor on Xilinx – Virtex 5 FPGA chip using Verilog language. My processor (called UR-DSP) has been compared with MicroBlaze (from Xilinx) and CortexM1 (from ARM) softcore processors. UR-DSP processor has shown a good superiority comparing to the MB and CortexM1 in executing convolution-based DSP algorithms. In addition, I have designed multi soft core units, like audio controller, clock generator controller, and other embedded systems, on Xilinx and Actel development boards. I have also designed and implemented experimental boards for digital design laboratory of University of Kerbala / College of science. Furthermore, I have designed and implemented many lab instruments for many Iraqi universities.
Participation and Membership
- A member in the preparation committee of the 3rd Scientific Conference of the College of Science at University of Kerbala, Iraq, 2014.
- A member in the preparation committee of the 4rd Scientific Conference of the College of Science at University of Kerbala, Iraq, 2016.
- A member in the preparation committee of the 5th Scientific Conference of the College of Science at University of Kerbala, Iraq, 2017.
- The coordinator of computer science department at University of Kerbala for the academic year 2003-2004.
- The coordinator of computer science department at University of Kerbala for the academic year 2013-2014.
- The Head of computer science department at University of Kerbala for two academic years 2015-2016 and 2016-2017.
- Abdul-Jabbar and A. Ati, “Analysis and Design of Current Mode Combinational Logical Circuits,” The 1st Collective Engineering Conference, Baghdad, Iraq, 2002.
- Ammar A. Altameemi and Neil W. Bergmann, “Enhancing FPGA Softcore Processors for Digital Signal Processing Applications” 6th International Symposium on Embedded computing and system Design (ISED), Patna, India, 2016.
I have submitted my PhD thesis at The University of Queensland in the field of computer hardware and microprocessor architecture. I have got my MSc degree in 2002 from Al-Nahrain University in the field of electronic and computer engineering. Also I was graduated (BSc) in 1999 in the field of computer engineering from the same university.