Full Name: Firas K. Mohamad Alosfur
Place of Birth: Karbala, Iraq
Date of Birth: 17 October 1974
Material Status: Married
Language: Arabic and English
Place of work: Physics Department, ScienceCollege, KerbalaUniversity.
Mobile No.: +9647722085050
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;
Author ID: 55649473800
2010-2014 Ph.D.in Nanotechnology . UniversitiKebangsaan Malaysia (UKM).
2007-2009 M.Sc. in Optics. Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM).
1993-1998 B.Sc. in Physics. University of Baghdad.
- Nano-structured materials and nano-technology.
- Synthesis materials in powder and thin films form.
- Coating with nanomaterials.
- Surface properties.
- Photo-catalysts for wastewater treatment.
Since 2004, Physics Lab at Kerbala University, Iraq.
- Atomic Physics.
- Classical Mechanics.
Since 2009,Lecturer at Department of Physics, Kerbala University, Iraq.
- Materials Science/ Second Stage.
- Medical Physics/ Fourth Stage.
1 Aug. 2008- 31 Jan. 2009 Research Assistant at University of Malaya.
Experimental and Finite Element Analysis of Composite Structures for Automotive and Aerospace Applications.
Since 1 July, 2011– 28 Feb. 2014 Graduate Research Assistant, Nuclear Science, Faculty of Science and Technology, UniversitiKebangsaanMalaysia.
Oxide Nanomaterials for Advanced Electronic and Energy Applications.
Nanomagnetic and Superconducting Superlattices for Novel Technology Application.
Others: guiding master and undergraduate student in final project in experimental and data analysis.
Secretariat for The 3rd ISESCO International Workshop and Conference on Nanotechnology (IWCN2012), 2012, UKM, Malaysia.
Co-Chair of the 3rd Scientific Conference of the College of Science-University of Kerbala, Iraq
International Journals Reviewer:
- Nanoscale Research Letters.SpringerEditorial
- Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. American Chemical Society Publications.
- Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing. Elsevire Editorial.
- Journal of Materials Science and Nanotechnology. Annex Publishers
- Materials Letters. Elsevire Editorial.
- Materials Science and Nanotechnology.
- IOP Publishing LTD
- Materials Research Express. IOP Publishing
- Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids. Elsevier
- New Journal of Chemistry. Royal Society of Chemistry
- Journal of Nanoparticle Research. SpringerEditorial
- Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics. IOP Publishing
- Journal of Advanced Research in Applied Sciences and EngineeringTechnology.
- Russian Journal of Electrochemistry. Springer Editorial
- One-step formation of TiO2 hollow spheres via a facile microwave-assisted process for photocatalytic activity, Nanotechnology, 2018.
- Effect of Crushing Speed Rate on Crashworthiness Parameters and Energy Absorption Capability of Composite Materials, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2018.
- Effect of substitution (Al and P) atoms in ZnOnanosheet on structural and electronic properties, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2018.
- Ablation of ZnO in liquid by Nanosecond Laser, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2018.
- Facile method to synthesis of anatase TiO2 nanorods, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2018.
- VoltammetricCharacterization of Grafted Polymer Modified With ZnO Nanoparticles on Glassy Carbon Electrode, Russian Journal of Electrochemistry, 2018.
- Simple One Step Synthesis of SnO2 Nanoparticles Thin Film by Microwave Oven and its Application as Ammonia Gas Sensor, Al-bahir Journal, 2018.
- A study on thermal diffusivity and dielectric properties of epoxy matrix reinforced by fibers material. Journal of KerbalaUniversity, 2016.
- Visible light photocatalytic activity of TiO2/MWCNTs nanocomposite prepared using modified microwave technique. IEEEXplore. Proceedings of the International Conference on Sensing Technology, ICST. 2013:777-781.
- Ethanol sensor based on ZnO nanostructures prepared via microwave oven. IEEEXplore. Proceedings of the International Conference on Sensing Technology, ICST. 2013:121-126.
- Rapid synthesis of TiO2/MWCNTs nanocatalyst with enhanced photocatalytic activity using modified microwave technique. Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, 2014.
- Visible Light-Responsive TiO2 Coated MWCNTs as a Hybrid Nanocatalysts. International Journal of Electrochemical Science, 2013.
- Microwave assisted hydrothermal method for porous zinc oxide nanostructured-films. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology,
- Defects-controlled ZnOnanorods with high aspect ratio for ethanol detection. International Journal of Electrochemical Science, 2013.
- Modified microwave method for the synthesis of visible light-responsive TiO2/MWCNTs nanocatalysts. Nanoscale Research Letters, 2013.
- Dressing of MWCNTs with TiO2nanoparticles using modified microwave method. Advanced Materials Research,2012.
- Synthesis TiO2/MWCNTs nanocomposite with high specific surface area using modified microwave method. 12th Postgraduate Colloquium at the Faculty of Science and Technology, UKM. 2012.
- Effect of Srsubstitution on structure and thermal diffusivityof Ba1-xSrxTiO3 ceramic. American J. of Engineering and Applied Sciences 2 (4): 661-664, 2009
- Thermal effusivity measurement of virgin coconut oil-methanol mixtures using photoacoustic technique. American J. of Engineering and Applied Sciences 1 (3): 200-203, 2008.
- Measurement and calculation of the angular and energy distribution for scattered photons from surrounding materials. J. of KerbalaUniversity, Vol.5, No.1 Scientific (2007) 106-117.
- Measurement of gamma ray buildup factor in single layer shields. J. of KerbalaUniversity, Vol.5, No.3 Scientific (2007) 40-58.
Contributions to Conferences and Workshops
- The Sixth Scientific Conference “Renewable Energy and its Applications”2018, Karbala, Iraq
- The 7th International Conference on Sensing Technology, 2013, Massey University, New Zealand.
- International MERGE Technologies Conference, 2013, Chemnitz University,Germany.
- Advanced Materials Characterization by Multitechnique XPS, 2013, UKM, Malaysia.
- The 3rd ISESCO International Workshop and Conference on Nanotechnology, 2012, UKM & ISESCO, Malaysia.
- Workshop on the Basic of X-ray, 2012, UKM, Malaysia.
- Workshop on How to Write and Publish a Manuscript in Impact Factor Journal for Advanced Materials and SolidState Science, 2012, UKM, Malaysia.
- Workshop on basic X-ray Instrumentation, 2012, UKM, Malaysia.
- The 12th Postgraduate Colloquium, 2012, UKM, Malaysia.
- UKM-Flinders Nanotechnology Summer School, 2012, Malaysia.
- Workshop on Characterization of the Nanomaterials with Electrochemical Techniques, PEC, SEM, XRD and Optical Spectroscopy, 2012, UKM, Malaysia.
- 2nd Workshop and Conference on Nanotechnology (IWCN 2011), 2011, UKM, Malaysia.
- Workshop on Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology (WAMN 2011), 2011, UPM, Malaysia.
- The International Conference for Nanomaterials Synthesis and Characterization (INSC2011), 2011, Malaysia.
- Workshop on Nanomaterials Synthesis and Characterization, 2011, Malaysia.
- The 7th Workshop on X-Ray Diffraction, 2011, UKM, Malaysia.
- Hands-on Nanotransistor, Optical Solitons, Waveguide Applications and Nano Ring Resonator, 2010, UTM, Malaysia.
- Workshop on Conversion of mathematical Modeling to an Efficient Digital subroutine Library, 2010, UTM, Malaysia.
- Journal Writing Workshop, 2010, UTM, Malaysia.
- Nano Material Processing Workshop, 2010, UKM, Malaysia.
- The International Conference on Experimental Mechanics (ICEM), 2010, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- International Conference on Enabling Science & Technology, 2010, Malaysia.