The cyber security research group is a new research group acting under the umbrella of Computer Science Department – University of Kerbala. The main goal of this group is to communicate and exchange scientific experiences on cyber security domain topics and to activate researchers and expert’s roles in the field of security in order to reach innovations. The group is eager to build interdisciplinary collaboration with other research groups to produce joint projects. As mentioned above the group is its early phases, so if you would like to discuss an area of research in more details please email us:
Research Areas (main and interdisciplinary)
- Blockchain technology applications.
- Threat analysis.
- Penetration testing.
- Enterprise security.
- Web applications security.
- Mobile security.
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) security.
- Human factor and cyber situation analysis.
- Network security.
- Ubiquitous security (including not limited to IoT)
Members (to be accumulated)
- Dr. Zeyad S. Aaber Al-Khafajy
- Dr. Ashwaq Mahmood AL-Abaichi
- Ass.Lec Mahir Hassan Kadhim
- The group has a computer lab equipped with the necessary software and hardware required to conduct research projects.
- The group has initial sponsorships and collaborations with business and governmental bodies.
- Aaber, Zeyad S., et al. “Towards a framework for securing a document outside an organisational firewall.” Cloud Computing Technology and Science (CloudCom), 2014 IEEE 6th International Conference on. IEEE, 2014.
- Aaber, Zeyad S., et al. “Preventing document leakage through active document.” Internet Security (WorldCIS), 2014 World Congress on. IEEE, 2014.
- Aaber, Zeyad S., Gary B. Wills, and Richard M. Crowder. “Protecting Document Outside Enterprise Network: A Confirmed Framework.” Enterprise Security. Springer, Cham, 2017. 259-275.
- ALabaichi, A., Mahmod, R., Ahmad, F., & Mechee, M. (2013). Randomness Analysis on Blowfish Block Cipher using ECB and CBC Modes. Journal of Applied sciences, 13(5), 758-789.
- ALabaichi, A., Mahmod, R., & Ahmad, F. (2013). Analysis of Some Security Criteria for S-boxes in Blowfish Algorithm. International Journal of Digital Content Technology and its Applications (JDCTA), 7(12), 8–20.
- Alabaichi, A., and Ibrahem, A. (2015). Enhance Security of Advance Encryption Standard Algorithm Based on Key Dependent S-Box. The Fifth International Conference on Digital Information Processing and Communications (ICDIPC2015), ISBN: 978-1-4673-6831-5 ©2015 IEEE.
- Alabaichi, A. (2018). True Color Image Encryption based on DNA Sequence, 3D Chaotic Map, and Key-dependent DNA S-Box of AES. Journal of theoretical and applied information technology, 96 (2).
- Alabaichi, A., Alhusiny, A., Thabit, E. (2017). A Novel Compressing a Sparse Matrix Using Folding Technique. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technolog, 8(14).
- Mohammed, M. A., et al. “Follow up system for directorate of scholarship and cultural relations in Iraq.” Computer, Communications, and Control Technology (I4CT), 2014 International Conference on. IEEE, 2014.
Projects (to be confirmed)
- Governmental services Blockchain adoption.