Name: Ibtisam Abbas Nasir Al-Ali
Date of Birth :9-8-1975
Place of birth: Iraq –Karbala
Marital Status :Single
Place of Work: Karbala university-college of Science (from 2002 up to day)
A-Assist lecturer (7-7-2002) , Biology Department, College of Science,
University of Karbala, Iraq.
B– lecturer (23-7-2006), Biology Department, College of Science, University
of Karbala, Iraq.
Ph.D. – New England University- Australia
Thesis title: (A comparative study on the role of bone morphogenetic
protein in ovarian development and function in mice and ewes).
M.Sc. (Biology-Zoology)- Babylon University –Iraq
Thesis title ( A study of the effect of some exogenous hormones on sperm in
vitro activation of asthenozoospermia patients).
B.Sc. (Biology)-Kufa University- Iraq
– Undergraduate Studies Coordinator , College of Science, University
of Karbala. ( 20-9-2002 to 13-8-2003)
– Director of Postgraduate Studies, College of Science, University
of Karbala (18- 2-2015 to 16- 2-2016).
– Current position : Associate Dean for the Scientific Affairs and Higher
1- Comparative anatomy of chordate
2- General biology- Zoology
3- Research procedures
8- Evolution and Biodiversity
9- Invertebrate and Parasitology
1- Research procedures.
– Histology course November 2009 , New England University -Australia
– Animal ethic online course 25 May 2011 , New England University –
– Safe use of radioactive isotopes 15 February 2011, New England
– Work shop, Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical security program (CBRN), 23-12-2015 , Babylon University Conference abstracts AL-Ali, I.; Almahbobi, G.; McFarlane, J.R. (2012): The role of bone morphogenetic protein receptor 1B (BMPR-1B) in mouse ovarian follicular development .The annual scientific meeting of the Endocrine Society of Australia and the Society for Reproductive Biology 26th-29th August 2012, Gold coast. Ciller, I.M.; Athiappan Palanisamy, S.K.; Ciller, I.M.; AL Ali, I.; McFarlane, J.R. (2012): BMPR-IB Modulates Steroidogenic Enzyme Genes Differentially in Pubertal and Adult Male Mice. The annual scientific meeting of the Endocrine Society of Australia and the Society for Reproductive Biology, 26th– 29th August 2012. Gold Coast. AL-Ali, I.; Palanisamy, S.K.A.; McFarlane, J.R. (2013): The Effect of Passive Immunization against Bone Morphogenetic Receptor 1B on Ovarian Gene Expression. The annual scientific meeting of the Endocrine Society of Australia and the Society for Reproductive Biology 25th -28th August 2013, Sydney. AL-Samerria, S.; AL-Ali, I.; McFarlane, J.R.; Almahbobi, G. (2013): Passive immunization is a useful model to study the role of bmps in the regulation of ovarian follicle development in mice. The annual scientific meeting of the Endocrine Society of Australia and the Society for Reproductive Biology 25th – 28th August, Sydney.
1. Effect of HMG in vitro sperm activation of asthenozoospermia patients.
Journal of Kerbala university, 3(5).2005.
2. Effect of three different media on in vitro sperm activation of
asthenozoospermia patients. Journal of Karbala university, 3(12).2005.
3. Effect of removal capsular polysaccharides by rapid agitation on
staphylococcus aureus pathogenesis. Medical journal of Babylon,5(1).2008.
4. Effect of Diabetes Mellitus on some biochemical blood parameters. Journal of
Karbala university, 4(4).2006.
5. Effect of oral contraceptive pills on some physiological blood parameters.
Journal of Karbala university,4(3).2006.
6. Lead-contaminated drinking water and its impact on some of physiological
blood parameters in adult female rats. Journal of Karbala university,5(4).2007
7. The impact of passive immunisation against BMPRIB and BMP4 on follicle
development and ovulation in mice. Reproduction, 149(5), 403-411.
8. Blood groups and its association with chronic disease in local population of
Karbala city. Journal of Karbala university,14(3).2016